Sep 10, 2019
77 - tBTC with James Prestwich
The new gold standard for bringing Bitcoin to Ethereum, tBTC is a new trustminimized protocol for creating an ERC20 on Ethereum that has the value of Bitcoin. Lead developer James Prestwich comes to POV to discuss the protocol, and the long-term implications for both chains.
- How the tBTC system works
- What other protocols and designs have features in tBTC
- The mint/redeem loop of tBTC
- Different stakeholders and participants in the protocol
- What does it mean for Bitcoin blockspace?
- What does it mean for the value of Ether?
- The Alpha rate that DeFi can provide Bitcoin
- The economic abstraction of Ether
- The merging of the communities
Please rate and share the podcast!
You can find us @POVCryptopod on Twitter.
David Hoffman on Twitter and Medium @TrustlessState
Christian Keroles on Twitter @ck_SNARKs
James Prestwich on Twitter @_prestwich
Send Bitcoin: 3P1kkSBdsc2vPWXin3h6bdVeTS4BzXdNG1
Send Ether: 0xa6daaa2c423e72f7a248e1642b0b0151a0ce3778